Download the complete programme here.
Opening session: January 25th
1. ONLINE TALKS
TALK 1: CULTURE AS A CAPITAL – February 1st (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Alessio Re (Fondazione Santagata)
- with the participation of the winners of Heritage Beyond Walls’ first edition:
- Sonia Ibrahim, Shereen Alkurdi, Ghaith Makhtabi, Rasha Barhoum
TALK 2: HERITAGE AND PEOPLE – February 8th (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Zaki Aslan (ICCROM-Sharjah)
- Helen Marais (UK Embassy in Rome)
TALK 3: SAVING OUR FUTURE – February 15th (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Maamoun Abdulkarim (Damascus University)
- Francesco Bandarin (former ADG for Culture at UNESCO)
TALK 4: ARCHAEOLOGY, A BRIDGE TO FUTURE – February 22nd (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
session organized in collaboration with IULM University of Milan
- Elena Flavia Castagnino Berlinghieri (IULM University of Milan)
- Martha Friel (IULM University of Milan)
TALK 5: MEMORY AND BEYOND – March 1st (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Paola Buscaglia (Conservation and Restoration Centre “La Venaria Reale”, Torino)
- Andrea Longhi and Angioletta Voghera (R3C – Interdepartmental Center Responsible Risk Resilience Centre, Politecnico di Torino)
- Rania Alzrair (ALSham Private University,Syria)
TALK 6: OUR LIVING CULTURE – March 8th (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Reme Sakr (Syria Trust for Development)
- Alessandro Roggero (Hiroshima Mon Amour, Torino)
TALK 7: ROUTES AND DIALOGUES – March 15th (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
session organized in collaboration with the Phoenicians’ Route – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe
- Ksenija Keča (Scientific Committee Memeber and Head of the Croatian Network of the Phoenicians’ Route)
- Antoine Lahoud (Phoenicians’ Route Technical-Steering Committee Member)
- Rachid Chamoun (Lebanese Ministry of Tourism, representing Lebanon into the EPA, Council of Europe)
- Osama Hamdan (Mosaic Centre of Jericho, Palestine)
TALK 8: PROTECTING OUR MEMORY – March 22nd (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Sanne Letschert (Cultural Emergency Response – Prince Claus Fund, The Netherlands)
- Maja Kominko (ALIPH, Switzerland)
TALK 9: CULTURAL HERITAGE: BUILDING CONNECTIONS – March 29th (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Yara Moualla (University of West Scotland)
- Shiva Shadravan (Überdentellerand, Germany)
TALK 10: ART AND PEOPLE – April 5th (from 5 to 7 pm CET)
- Paolo Naldini and Beatrice Catanzaro (Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto, Biella)
The program might be subject to adjustments.
Every talk will be held via Zoom platform.
Each participant will be requested to develop and present a project idea related to a syrian cultural heritage site, element or expression. The project idea will be presented by writing a short paper (2500 words in English) by 30 April 2022. The best ideas will be selected by an evaluation committee and will be awarded as follow:
• 1st classified: Euro 500, paper published on A&RT
• 2nd classified: Euro 300, paper published on A&RT
• 3rd classified: Euro 200, paper published on A&RT
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance (with participation of at least 80% of online talks).
3. AWARD CEREMONY
HERITAGE: BEYOND WALLS is a project ideated and promoted by Fondazione Santagata for the Economics of Culture with the collaboration of different cultural institutions and international agencies.
The main partners of the II edition are: Centro Conservazione e Restauro “La Venaria Reale”, Museo Egizio, Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto, RO.ME Museum Exhibition, ICCROM, Phoenician’s route-Cultural route of the Council of Europe, Centre for Emergency Response of the Prince Claus Fund, EBLA Fund.
In collaboration with: A&RT and CoRes