Young people are the future and their voice must be heard on fundamental issues such as the management of cultural heritage, the care of the territory in which they live and the maintenance of local resources, with the aim of building a sustainable development model.
This awareness has led us to collaborate with the Ricreare Crea Association and the Culture and Development Association, with the contribution of the Compagnia di San Paolo Foundation, in the construction of the “Youth Camp 4 Heritage” project, an opportunity for exchange and comparison between young people who they want to get involved, becoming protagonists of the territory, to guarantee, through their actions, the protection and enhancement of the local cultural heritage, starting from the Sacro Monte di Crea, and the sustainable development of their communities.
GOALS AND TARGET
The beneficiaries of this experience are young people, aged between 15 and 18, who live and / or study in the surrounding area: in this first pilot edition the target was identified in the local high schools.
The aim of the initiative, which consists of two days of in-depth study, comparison and elaboration of concrete proposals through non-formal education activities, is to increase awareness of the cultural and naturalistic values expressed by the Sacro Monte di Crea, with a view to sustainable development. and the active involvement of the younger generations.
The issues addressed are:
- – The climate crisis and the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- – UNESCO designations and the Sacro Monte di Crea
- – The commitment and activation of young people for the development of the area in which they live.
The training methodology used will see the succession of:
- – Lectures on the topics and visits to the cultural heritage object of the initiative;
- – non-formal education activities and motivation of individuals;
- – workshops for the identification of development objectives.