Fondazione Santagata works in support for the implementation of the management plan of the UNESCO site “Genova, le Strade Nuove e il Sistema dei Palazzi dei Rolli” 2020-24.
The Foundation’s activities include:
- technical assistance for the implementation of the management plan, through an executive plan of the Management Plan, as a tool that integrates with the planning and action tools already in use within the Municipality that defines in detail the strategic guidelines for future activities in the coming years, in a commensurate way with resources and development potential;
- construction of a system for monitoring and evaluating actions;
- organization of opportunities for discussion and training useful for strengthening skills.
The activity is realized in collaboration and for the Municipality of Genoa – Economic Development Innovation Project Department.
- The UNESCO site “Genova, le Strade Nuove e il sistema dei Palazzi dei Rolli” was selected as a case study for the OWH-Sustainability call for case studies Heritage and sustainable development.
- On May 28 2021, the Site will be the subject of a study visit organized for participants in the 2020/21 edition of the Master in “World Heritage for Cultural Heritage and Development”.
- The contribution Genoa World Heritage Site “Le Strade Nuove and the system of the Palazzi dei Rolli”: the new integrated management plan by Erica Meneghin and Alessio Re is featured in the volume “Management planning for cultural heritage” by Ken Taylor and Giulio Verdini (Routledge, 2021).
- Call for ideas: ROLLI LAB
From February 28 to April 18 2022 it’s possible to send an innovative proposal aiming at promoting and enhancing UNESCO’s World Heritage Site “Genova: Le Strade Nuove e il sistema dei palazzi dei Rolli”.
This initiative is promoted by Comune di Genova in partnership with Fondazione Santagata for the Economics of Culture as a tool for the implementation of the Management Plan 2020-24 of the UNESCO Site
More infos || Download the call