The Municipality of Ferrara has commissioned Fondazione Santagata a preparatory study aimed at updating the Management Plan of the UNESCO site “Ferrara, Città del Rinascimento e il suo Delta del Po”, in relation to the possibility to support and accompany the municipal structure that is responsible for coordinating the management of the UNESCO Cultural Landscape Site “Ferrara, Città del Rinascimento e il suo Delta del Po” in the development of the actions and activities described below.
BACKGROUND AND RESULTS
The study intends to analyze: the components of the cultural heritage of the territories involved, the factors of cultural production and territorial attractiveness, the potential for integration with existing planning and programming tools, the elements characterizing the territorial system and, in general, the information elements useful for the preparation of a new site management plan.
The action is detailed in the following activities related to the organization and development of research:
- Organization of research activities, of the work plan, of the collection and sharing of materials;
- Involvement of the managing body and the main stakeholders through the organization of an agenda of meetings and interviews for the collection of information and data useful for the study;
- Analysis and evaluation of the components of the cultural heritage of the territories involved, of the elements characterizing the territorial system of the planning and programming tools in place;
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of cultural productions in the sectors of cultural heritage, content industries, material culture and tourism, in order to provide an overview of the cultural and creative industries and relations with the production context.
Together with the analysis for the updating of the Management Plan, the planning and implementation of 2 capacity building workshops aimed at the staff of the managing body and the main stakeholders is envisaged.
The workshops will focus on the following topics:
- UNESCO guidelines on the management of world heritage sites and operational experiences in the field of management plans for world heritage sites;
- integration of management tools between different designations (world heritage and biosphere reserves).
The workshops are aimed not only for an informative purpose, but also at listening to and collecting the expectations of the various stakeholders with respect to the management opportunities of the UNESCO site.