The fourth year of RO.ME Museum Exhibition, the professional and international platform for institutions and companies operating in museums, cultural venues and art, confirms the collaboration with Fondazione Santagata and launches the second edition of the Fondazione Santagata AWARD, addressed to sustainable development projects carried out between 2020 and 2021, and conferred by a scientific committee coordinated by Fondazione Santagata for the Economics of Culture.
This second edition of the award expands its recipients, addressing projects carried out internationally within a territory or community with a UNESCO designation.
The aim of the award is to provide visibility and recognition to a sustainable development project, in line with the Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda, which has had the particular ability to develop actions characterized by innovation, multi-disciplinarity and use of digital tools.
The new edition of the Awarrd, in addition to 1 winning project at an international level, also intends to reward 1 project carried out on the Italian territory.
The Award will be conferred by RO.ME, in collaboration with Fondazione Santagata for the Economics of Culture, to projects realized in territories or communities included in one of the following five UNESCO designations:
– World Heritage
– Intangible Cultural Heritage
– Creative Cities
– Biosphere Reserves
– Global Geoparks
For the selection of the winner, the Scientific Committee will consider those projects that in 2020/2021 were able to meet the following general criteria:
1. Ability to generate impacts on sustainable development, in particular in a cultural and economic way, of the territories / communities they are part of;
2. Consistency with one or more Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda;
3. Use of elements of technological and / or process innovation;
4. Ability to foster the active involvement of local communities;
5. Ability to foster resilience and adaptation in crisis situations;
6. Ability to build collaborative networks between designations, even if different.
It is possible to apply for the AWARD by sending a short presentation of your project to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
from 1st September to 29th October 2021.
The prize winner will be selected and contacted by November 5th, 2021.