MASTER'S PROGRAMSAs technical-scientific partner, Fondazione Santagata has been following the organization and teaching of International University Masters' programs for several years, on various topics of the economics of culture, including: cultural projects for development, protection, enhancement and management of cultural heritage and UNESCO designations, sustainable development, cultural tourism, creative industries.
Master in World Heritage and Cultural Projects for DevelopmentInternational Master in "Word Heritage and cultural projects for development", conceived by Walter Santagata and started in 2003 with ITC-ILO, University of Turin and Polytechnic of Turin, UNESCO and ICCROM, aims to spread the skills and capabilities necessary for the management of the World Heritage Site and other UNESCO designations, as well as for the preparation and implementation of projects in the field of heritage, culture, creative industries, museums and tourism.
Master in Cultural Property Protection in Crisis ResponseInternational Master launched in 2018 and promoted by the University of Turin, the Italian Army and the Carabinieri Army-TPC, together with a network of international agencies including UNESCO, ICCROM, ICOM, INTERPOL, which aims to strengthen efforts and international cooperation to address emerging challenges in the protection of cultural heritage from conflicts, illegal activities, natural disasters and the impact of climate change, allowing the social and economic recovery of the affected communities.
Master in World Natural Heritage ManagementRealized up to the sixth edition, the Master "World Natural Heritage Management" (2012-2017) promoted by the Autonomous Province of Trento, TSM and the University of Turin, has worked on innovative theories, methods and tools suitable for the management of institutions and projects which deal with the protection and enhancement of the environment and landscape, with particular attention to UNESCO natural sites.
WORKSHOP AND SHORT COURSESThe training activity is completed with a series of training and capacity building programs, aimed at different targets (institutions, associations, professionals, private and public bodies) to strengthen their skills in the management of cultural projects, with particular attention to relationships with international agencies and bodies.
International ACADEMY on UNESCO Designations and Sustainable DevelopmentAcademy is a capacity building program conceived and launched in 2015, in conjunction with EXPO Milan, Fondazione Santagata and the UNESCO Regional Office for Science and Culture in Europe, whose main objective is to contribute to the achievement of the sustainable development goals of the United Nations Agenda 2030, through the strengthening of the skills of managing authorities, communities and operators of UNESCO designations (World Heritage, Creative Cities, Intangible Cultural Heritage, Biosphere Reserves, Geoparks)
MAB UNESCO Monviso Youth CampThe project, born in 2018, is aimed at raising awareness, involvement and training of young people aged 15 to 18 who live in the transboundary area of Monviso, with a focus on the UNESCO Man and Biosphere Program and the 2030 UN Agenda's sustainable development goals.
Empowerment and Capacity Building - Call ORA!XCapacity building program launched in 2018 for the selected within the call ORAX!, promoted by Fondazione Compagnia di San Paolo, which aims to transfer cognitive, methodological elements and operational management tools in the cultural field, in order to develop a more in-depth management culture and create solid project teams.
NEXT ROUTESCapacity building course to be carried out in July 2020 and aimed at operators and managers of Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe, organized in collaboration with La Rotta dei Fenici.
Urbanization and Cultural LandscapeRealized since 2011, edited and promoted by II.TED (International Institute on Territorial and Environmental Dynamics), with the aim of deepening studies and experiences related to a conscious use of cultural and natural resources in an era characterized by strong social and technological changes.
OTHER PROGRAMSFondazione Santagata also promotes workshops and seminars and regularly collaborates with national and international institutions that promote other training programs, including:
- Master Management and Creativity of Hill Heritage (Fondazione Goria, UNIASTISS, Asti)
- Seminar series on “UNESCO Toolkit for sustainable tourism” (Fondazione Campus, Lucca)
- Seminar series on “Wine Tourism” (Fondazione CUOA, Vicenza)
- Workshop on “Management of projects and UNESCO programs” (CdL in Economia dell’Ambiente, Cultura e Territorio – UNITO)
- Seminar series on UNESCO Programs and Sustainable Development (University of Turin)
- Project “La sQuola: Creatività e Industrie Culturali a Biella” (GAI-Giovani Artisti Italiani e Comune di Biella)
- Green Jobs Academy (ITC-ILO)
- Workshop on landscape management, agricultural supply chain and rural tourism (ITC-ILO)
- Workshop “Management of cultural and natural heritage: the Staffarda Abbey in the UNESCO Monviso Biosphere Reserve” (ITC-ILO)
- Workshop “Integrated Management of Parco Naturale de La Mandria and Borgo Castello” (WH-CPD)
- Workshop “Integrated management of Cultural Heritage: the University Museum System” (WH-CPD)
- Workshop “Management of the Residences of the Royal House of Savoy” (WH-CPD)
- Workshop “Management of Cultural Heritage: the Castle of Moncalieri” (WH-CPD)
- Workshop “UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE ECONOMIC AND POLICY ISSUES”, Venaria Reale
- International workshop “Cultural Heritage, migration, sustainable development”, Palermo (Associazione AUGE)
- International workshop “Restoration/Turin” (TongJii University, Shanghai)
- Study visit on Integrated management planning “The Vineyard Landscape of Piedmont: Langhe-Roero and Monferrato World Heritage”
- International Workshop “HULBRiC-Urban Landscape Bridging Cultures” (CNR-WHITRAP, Rome)
- Conference “Historic Cities in the UNESCO World Heritage List: opportunities and drifts”, (Politecnico di Torino)
- Projects and Management plans for UNESCO sites (Ordine Architetti Torino)
- International Master in “Business for Arts and Culture” (IED di Venezia)
- International Master in “Wine Tourism Innovation” (Università di Terragona)
Our training programs were followed by
The training projects of Fondazione Santagata and the activities carried out in the previous years by the CSS-Ebla, have made it possible to build a large network of professionals that includes over 1000 people from international institutions and organizations related to the cultural sector, from over 100 countries, among them: